Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I love my MEV! (Magnificent Electric Vehicle)


I have owned a half dozen range rovers,a half dozen jags, a half dozen mercedes including a beautiful biodiesel mercedes. I owned a prius and a lexus hybrid.

But my favorite car ever is my Chevy Volt! Great handling, speedy, zippy and I feel primitively sexy when I plug it in to charge up with wind power instead of plugging a car in to suck fossil fuels.

I will always be a sucker for speed in Jags, Ferrari's and Mazerati's. And you can't beat the grounding and utilty of a truck. but there is no joy in the petrochemical pollution.

I laugh when my friends say "You're driving a Chevrolet?" It's just far sexier to recharge with wind power than drive the gas guzzling import. And I am buying Made in the USA, keeping auto industry jobs here, which in turn helps current and future generations of Americans.

My Mick Jagger favorite song: "Start Me Up" is now sung with "plug me in, plug me in, plug me in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Share